Friday, August 24, 2012

INSPIRATION - Carrie Bradshaw











Like many girls, I grew up watching SATC (Sex and the City).  When it first premiered on HBO, I just started my first year in University and was amazed by the city (NY), the girlfriend bonding (Samantha, Miranda, Charlotte and Stanford), the relationships (all of them, including Mr Big), and especially the fashion!!!

In the era when minimalist was the mainstream trend, I was fascinated by her fearless approach to styling!  Still remembering how many times I wondered if I would "grow up"and embrace my 30's in the same way...

And just like that, I started collecting the iconic pieces from the show (the Gucci waist pouch, the Manolo Campari heels, the Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry)...and I'm sure I wasn't the only one doing so!  Even until recently, I just purchase my own "Janet" necklace, inspired by the "Carrie" necklace.

How Carrie inspired all of us over the past decade is amazing...I wonder when will HBO come out with another original sitcom that will sweep us away?!?

1 comment: