Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DIY Harness Belt


 



It's been a long time since my last DIY and this is an overdue project I had in mind almost two years ago.  The original idea was more provocative, almost S&M, with black leather belt and silver chains.  But given that I'm now a mother of 7 months old baby, I went with a softer interpretation.


Here's what I used:

- 2 identical gold chain necklaces
- 1 brown leather belt (skinny enough so I didn't need extra tools to attach to chain necklaces)

And here's how I did it myself:

- Lay both necklaces flat parallele to each other
- Attach the end of the first necklace to the middle of the belt
- Attach the end of the second necklace to the middle of the belt as closely as possible to first
- Using the two ends of the belt, pass them through the opposite end of both necklaces
- Adjust the lenght of belt on myself
- Braid the ends of leather belt to chain necklace

And voila!  It's best worn with a simple t-shirt or dress to show off the harness belt.

*sorry I don't have step by step pictures as my DIY was spontaneous and I didn't want to undo my belt.

1 comment: